Instructions for Espresso Machines
Backflush (each group head):
- Insert blind filter in porta-filter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Puro® Powder. Insert porta-filter into group head.
- Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Remove porta-filter. Activate brew cycle and rinse porta-filter in stream of water from group head. Stop cycle.
- Insert porta-filter into group head. Repeat step (2) without Puro® Powder 5 times.
- Make and discard a cup of espresso to ensure no residue remains.
- Soak filters and metal of porta-filter for 30 minutes in 1 teaspoon (6 g) of Puro® Powder per 32 oz. (1 L) of hot water.
- Rinse with clean hot water.
Instructions for Coffee Brewers
- Empty coffee from equipment. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon (3g) of Puro® powder per 64 oz. (2L) of brewer capacity directly into brew basket.
- Run a full brew cycle into each vessel and hold for 30 minutes.
- Empty each vessel and rinse all parts with clean hot water.
TIP: Wet cloth with Puro® Powder solution and wipe down spray heads, then wipe clean. Caution: Solution may be very hot.
Download the Material Safety Data Sheet here.